As a travel nurse, you’re always on the go. Your career's unique challenges mean that it's essential to find the best ways to make traveling more efficient, things to new in new locations, and get connected to your next assignment. Using convenient mobile apps can give you the edge as a successful healthcare traveler, if you know where to look. Here are the best free travel nurse apps that could change the game for you!
As a travel nurse, your pay changes every 13 weeks. You’re also juggling duplicate expenses while traveling, making more money, and dealing with different forms of income like tax-free stipends. All these components can make budgeting more complicated.
But with the Mint app, budgeting and saving money as a travel nurse doesn't have to be so difficult. This financial app helps you keep track of your:
- Credit cards
- Savings goals
- Overall financial health
It’s a great way to see all your financial goals and progress in one place. Plus, you can easily adjust your budget for your needs, which is perfect for travelers with ever-changing budgets and income.
Searching for your next assignment? Look no further than the Fusion Marketplace App! Our app has everything you love about Fusion Marketplace’s platform, but now you can take your job search with you on-the-go.
With the Fusion Marketplace App you can:
- Create a custom profile that saves all your documents and information
- Add your job preferences
- Share your profile with recruiters
- Filter jobs based on pay, location, agency, shift type, specialty, and more
- Compare jobs from multiple agencies with transparent pay and job details
- Apply for jobs with one click
- Set notifications to be alerted of new jobs in your specialty
- Find housing with Furnished Finder integration
- Use the multi-apply feature to apply to the same job with multiple agencies
Packing is another constant activity for travel nurses. There are so many items to remember to bring and your packing list may look different for every assignment. To make sure you never leave anything behind, use PackPoint to create your packing lists.
PackPoint helps you decide (or remember) what you need to bring based on your:
- Length of assignment
- Expected activities
Another useful app is Roadtrippers. This app helps you plan your trip, from booking a hotel to finding fun places to explore in your location. Roadtrippers is the ultimate travel nurse companion, keeping all your trip details in one spot.
Roadtrippers lets you:
- Discover places like local diners, roadside attractions, scenic points, and more along your route
- Plan and save trip itineraries
- Utilize pre-made travel guides
- Share and plan trips with friends
Being a travel nurse means you might also be driving a lot from assignment to assignment. That’s why the GasBuddy app is so great for travelers! The app can not only help you find the closest gas station, but it can also help you find the cheapest gas nearby. It also offers awesome deals to save even more money.
GasBuddy also lets you:
- Gain points for reporting fuel prices
- Put points toward wining $100 in gas every day
- Add your vehicle to receive information about recalls
- Monitor your driving habits to use fuel more efficiently
- Save up to 25 cents/gallon with a GasBuddy fuel card
No matter where you are in the country, Meetup helps you make friends nearby. This app connects you with groups in your area with similar interests as you, whether that be reading, biking, knitting, or something a little more niche.
Meetup also lets you:
- Join group discussions and private message members
- Filter by keyword, category, or popularity
- Create and join groups
- Create and manage events
- RSVP to events
If you’re taking an assignment in a city with public transportation, Moovit is a must-have app. This app that’s been called the “Waze of public transit” lets you review all your public transportation options and monitor real-time arrivals in 60 major US cities.
The Moovit app helps you get around town with information about public transportation like:
- Looking up bus & train schedules
- Finding the best subway routes
- Renting bikes or scooters
The app uses live navigation and alerts you when it’s time to “get off” so you won’t miss your stop. Use this app to simplify your transportation, so you can find the quickest and cheapest route.
For a little extra help on the job, check out Medscape! With a combination of evidence-based treatment options and expert commentary, nurses trust the Medscape app for quickly looking up medications and dosages, reference different diseases, and more.
Using the Medscape app gives you access to:
- Point-of-care decision making
- Discussing clinical cases in the Consult section
- Looking up drugs and dosages with the Drug Reference Tool
- Searching for adverse drug combinations with the Drug Interaction Tool
- Finding vital patient-care information with the Disease and Condition Reference
- Staying up to date on the latest medical news
- Other tools like Medication Calculators and Image Collections
- Earning CME
If you travel with pets, the BarkHappy app is a necessity. This app connects you with local dog owners and over 20,000 dog-friendly places across the US. Use this app before you travel to your next assignment to find all the best spots you and your furry friend can explore in your new city.
You can also use BarkHappy to:
- Find new friends with dogs
- Attend or host dog-friendly events
- Book dog-friendly hotels
- Discover other dog-friendly locations
- Make custom lost and found alerts
We know your life as a healthcare traveler is busy. Hopefully these apps can help you simplify your travel and spend more time having fun while on assignment!