Gone are the days of extensive internet job searches and long phone conversations with healthcare facilities—the healthcare staffing industry has advanced into a traveler-first market. But, what does that really mean?
It means that you, healthcare traveler, are in total control of your career in every way with help from Fusion Marketplace. With enhanced transparency towards travel job opportunities, pay packages, traveler benefits, housing options, staffing agency, and more, you decide where you’ll go next.
Happy travelers lead to high-quality patient care
As industry leaders, it’s up to healthcare staffing agencies to set the tone for professional travelers because at the end of the day, what’s best for travelers is also what’s best for them. Plus, the happier the traveler, the better the patient care.
Since the quality of care is directly correlated with the job satisfaction and engagement of healthcare workers, it’s crucial to prioritize their needs to help them better serve their patients. While satisfaction and engagement are similar, engagement is more than liking a job. Employee engagement is an “emotional bond and psychological commitment” to a career and employer, according to Cathy Dyke, vice president of nursing operations for Medical Center at Plano, Texas.
“An engaged [healthcare professional] goes the extra mile to ensure the provision of safe, competent, and compassionate care,” said Dyke, and she’s not the only one who thinks so—Sandy Haire, chief nursing officer at Medical Center at Plano, Texas agrees.
“There is no question that [healthcare worker] engagement affects quality,” said Haire. “Our sensitive indicators show that offering evidence-based care can prevent certain complications, and the data prove that an engaged [worker] takes that responsibility to heart.”
The happier and more engaged the traveler, the less likely it is that patients suffer complications. Plus, Gallup research indicated lower patient mortality when a professional healthcare worker is more engaged at work and data from the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) showed an 87 percent decrease in patient infection rate over a span of two years due to higher employee engagement.
Fusion Marketplace features help travelers find a job
Imagine a world where you can effortlessly apply to multiple nationwide healthcare travel jobs that you want without all the pesky paperwork. As a professional traveler, this is your reality with Fusion Marketplace.
Since its inception in February 2021, Fusion Marketplace has continued to develop based on what travelers want. Now full of enhanced features, this online Marketplace provides all you need on one convenient platform:
- Customized traveler profile. Your Marketplace profile acts as your professional resume with your primary specialty, biography, employment history, level of education, earned certifications and licenses, plus personal and professional references so when you see a job that you want, all you have to do is check a box.
- Save job preferences. Within your profile is a section that allows you to modify job preferences by department, healthcare specialty, location, shifts, job types, pay range, and start date to narrow down your search results. You can also add up to five states when job searching so you can filter by geographically, plus you’re able to include up to three shift types and three job types to help refine results. Once you’ve selected your preferences, you can then share with recruiters.
- Multiple search methods. Fusion Marketplace features the classic search bar and allows you to sort and filter results to narrow down your search. You can also browse jobs based on your division and specialty or agency.
- Compare jobs with a glance. This online tool makes it easier than ever to compare job locations, pay packages, benefits, and staffing companies. That way, you don’t have to waste time opening each posting and instead, can quick apply to multiple opportunities on the same screen.
- Simple job application process. Simple job application process. Spend less time filling out extensive paperwork and more time submitting applications with the "quick apply" function.
- Reserve housing. Fusion Marketplace partners with Furnished Finder to provide housing options to travelers wherever they go. To view your options, click on a job posting and let Furnished Finder locate a temporary home near that assignment.
Take the lead when it comes to your healthcare career and create the travel lifestyle you love and deserve. Simplify the process with Fusion Marketplace and prepare to showcase your skills as a professional healthcare worker.
You’re in full control, traveler. A traveler-first market reduces common barriers in healthcare staffing to propel your travel healthcare career in the direction of success. Fusion Marketplace makes this easy on you with access to thousands of healthcare jobs through your own personal traveler profile complete with your education level, certificates earned, job preferences, and more that further customizes your job search.