When it comes to finding your next healthcare travel job, you shouldn’t feel like you have to jump through rings of fire to apply for your ideal position. The perfect healthcare job opportunity is calling your name—now you must narrow down your options to find it.
Narrowing down your professional job search can help you find your ideal travel position faster and more efficiently. However, if you funnel down your career options too much, you’ll find it’s slim-pickings.
It’s a delicate balance to narrow down your healthcare travel job choices. Fusion Marketplace helps healthcare workers navigate the pros and cons of a targeted job search to ensure you get where you’re supposed to go even faster.
Pros of a targeted travel job search
It may seem counter-intuitive to cast a narrow net in an overly saturated healthcare market. In reality, the best success comes once you closely target positions that excite you to your core.
- Quality jobs. When you only apply to a few job openings that align closely with your career goals and professional skills, your chances of hire improve, as opposed to submitting applications for dozens of job postings that don’t quite fit your skillset. Your refined search will pay off when you’re productively going on interviews instead of sitting by the computer, applying for loads of positions, and waiting.
- More knowledge, more power. Focus your attention on the jobs where you believe your knowledge will make a positive impact. This will give you a competitive advantage over other applicants who may not have the same certifications and qualifications that you have.
- Add to the culture. Through a targeted job search, you’ll have the upper hand. Since you’ve already fully vetted each staffing agency and travel assignment on your list, you can research the culture and employee satisfaction in advance so you can be confident you’re a good match for the company, as well as the best healthcare professional for the patients served.
- Increased job satisfaction. You’re in the driver’s seat so only you choose the jobs you want. With control of your healthcare travel career, you’re more likely to experience enhanced job satisfaction than you would if you took your chances with more generic job advertisements.
Like owner of a Chicago career-counseling firm, Cheryl Rich Heisler, said, “When you are focused [in your job search], you’re better organized, your network becomes tighter, and your technical and transferable skills really get the chance to shine.”
Cons of narrowing down your job opportunities
It can be a challenge to find and apply for the best healthcare travel job opportunities. A narrowed job search may lead to overall success, but there are also some downfalls to consider.
- Less networking opportunities. The more focused your search, the less chances you’ll have to network with other professionals in your field. It’s advantageous to make connections with others in your healthcare specialty so you can learn from those who came before you. Sure, there could be less organic networking chances, but that doesn’t mean you can’t create your own opportunities.
- More competition. The more you narrow down your healthcare travel job options, the more competition you’ll have. The best way to get around this speed-bump is to market yourself as a professional healthcare traveler to show recruiters and agencies the reasons why you deserve the job opportunity.
- Increased pressure. Initiating the search for your next travel placement can be tough and with narrower your results, you may feel increased pressure to be the best candidate. Interviewing is nerve-wracking enough as it is—go into your job interview with confidence and motivation to do what you love most.
The job search process isn’t one-size-fits-all. Refining your approach puts the power in your hands and allows you to decide what’s best for you and your healthcare career.
Fusion Marketplace for healthcare job seekers
Use Fusion Marketplace to easily narrow down your job search results and land the healthcare travel assignment that best aligns with your professional career and personal priorities. Gain an all-access pass to thousands of healthcare career opportunities with a completed Marketplace traveler profile, plus save your preferences, qualifications, certifications, references, and more in your personal profile.
Additional functions allow you to funnel results even further so you can browse healthcare job openings based on geographic location, healthcare specialty, type of facility, and more. Save yourself the headache that comes with traditional job applications and take advantage of a more streamlined hiring process.
Conventional hiring practices are outdated and inefficient. As a member of a traveler-driven Marketplace, you’re in complete control of your career—that means you get to decide where and when you embark on your next healthcare assignment. Fusion Marketplace gives it to you straight and takes out the guesswork, so you know you’re making the best career move with every placement.
Your ideal travel job is out there waiting for you—so, what are you waiting for?