Between travel logistics, employment paperwork, and taking care of patients, your time as a travel nurse is largely spoken for. When it comes to finding travel nurse housing during your job search, you have options—
do all the heavy lifting of research while you have five different browser tabs open, or take control of your job search AND your housing search.
Being in charge of your short-term housing allows you to choose exactly what you want—furnished apartment, hotel room, unfurnished condo, an entire house, or something else entirely. Remove stress from the process of finding travel nurse housing and take advantage of the ultimate transparency that Fusion Marketplace has to offer. With you front-of-mind, Fusion Marketplace makes it easy for you to find a safe and comfortable place to rest your head after a long work shift.
Commonly used housing sites
Of course, there are thousands of sites across the web where travel nurses and other healthcare professionals can look for and reserve housing—but don’t be fooled, not all websites are trustworthy or reliable.
These are some of the top short-term housing websites for travel nurses:
All-inclusive housing options
If it’s important that all you may need is included in your rental, an all-inclusive temporary housing is the most convenient route to take. Before signing any contracts or providing a deposit, conduct thorough research to learn which housing company works best for you—these services will cost a fee, so make sure you work with someone you trust. Start with these top all-inclusive housing solutions:
- National Corporate Housing: National is a corporate housing company with furnished, temporary homes located all across the U.S., Canada, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East. As one of the largest providers of corporate housing, National offers customized housing solutions with furnished apartments, international serviced apartments, rental assistance services, destination services, and insurance housing.
- Oasis Corporate Housing: Partners with property owners across the globe, Oasis has a variety of temporary housing solutions. The perk is each property is fully inspected with a comprehensive checklist before you arrive, so you can be sure the home is safe and secure. Also, with each rental property comes housewares, kitchenware, linens, electronics, cable, high speed internet, and phone.
If you’re more of a “do it yourself” kind of person, you might want to move into an unfurnished place so you can decide how to furnish and decorate the space. The downside with this is the financial investment and responsibility of new furniture and housewares. Find a cozy apartment rental wherever you go with these user-friendly sites:
- Apartments: Search tens of thousands of apartments, townhomes, and condos available for rent nationwide. This website is part of a network of resources including Apartment Finder, Apartment Home Living, Westside Rentals, For Rent, and Corporate Housing. Customize your search and find the rental that works for you.
- Apartment Guide: With an unmatched search capability, this guide provides users with a clear and simple guide to apartment living. The multi-platform search capability allows renters and property managers to connect no matter where they are and in the way that works best for them.
- Rent: This online resource recognizes that finding a temporary home isn’t a one-size fits all type of approach. Whether it’s your first time renting or you’re a seasoned traveler, you can find exactly what you’re looking for on this website.
Furnished rental sites
Furnishing your temporary space can be costly and inefficient when you’re on the road every 13 weeks. While you won’t get to pick out the specific furniture and décor, furnished rental sites allow you to save a few bucks, plus saves you the hassle of packing and moving things repeatedly with every new travel nursing job. If you’re in the market for a furnished place, check out these websites:
- VRBO: Search through more than 2 million rental sites ranging from condos to cabins to beach houses and find a home that gives you comfort without sacrificing useful amenities, such as a full kitchen with appliances.
- Airbnb: Known by many across the world, Airbnb is a popular housing site that allows homeowners to rent their properties to travelers for a temporary amount of time. Airbnb gives you the choice to choose from entire homes to one-bed room rental, and anything in-between.
- Corporate Housing by Owner: As the largest provider of corporate housing furnished rentals in the U.S., this site allows you to easily find short-term furnished apartments, condos, and homes all over the world. Book rentals for a day, a week, a month, and longer to accommodate your personal and professional needs.
Tips for extended hotel stays
There are lots of upsides to extended hotel stays—a never-ending supply of clean towels, cleaning services, room service, and usually a gym and swimming pool. When it comes to long hotel stays as a travel nurse, call the hotel in advance, and then ask for a Sales Manager or a Director of Sales so you can discuss a long-term stay. Some hotels will negotiate rates if you explain that you’re helping at a local hospital or healthcare facility, and that will be helpful for your wallet. Also talk to your recruiter and ask if the staffing agency has a corporate code you can use to get a discounted price on a room. Here are some well-known hotel sites to get you started:
- Extended Stay America: Treat yourself to a hotel room that feels like home. Extended Stay America hotels have in-room kitchens, on-site laundry facilities, premium Wi-Fi, and all the best TV channels. Since the company is committed and experienced, you can feel confident knowing you’re in a safe and relaxing environment.
- Choice Hotels: Look through more than 7,000 locations to find the perfect place exactly where you need to be. Enjoy high-quality, high-value lodging options throughout the U.S. and internationally, from economy and extended stay to boutique and upscale, Choice Hotels gives you all the options you need for effective travel.
- IHG Hotels & Resorts: From every day essential travel to luxurious escapes, you can find a diverse collection of housing experiences wherever your travel nursing job takes you. Easily search for hotels and resorts around the world with a convenient explore tool.
Or, just find a home through Fusion Marketplace
Sure, all of these housing resources and options are great and helpful, but it still requires you to put a ton of time and effort into researching and bookmarking all the sites you're searching. Don't you want to find your next healthcare job and your temp housing faster? I thought so.
When you’re in need of temporary housing, find it quickly and easily with Fusion Marketplace. Now you can land your next travel nursing job, rate your recruiter, and reserve temporary housing all in one place!
Each traveler requires a different type of housing—some traveling healthcare workers bring their families along on the road, others have pets, and some fly solo. Regardless of your situation, Fusion Marketplace has options for you.
Furnished Finder has integrated with Marketplace to simplify the housing process for travel nurses and other traveling healthcare professionals in other divisions and specialties. When you click on a Marketplace job posting, housing options for that specific assignment will appear to provide you with the ultimate transparency and power to choose what works best for you:
- Search for nearby housing options on your job card by navigating to Nearby Housing. You can view all housing options that are within range of that job.
- Click on More Details to view the specific amenities of that housing option. How many bedrooms do you need? What utilities are included? Is there a pet policy? What's the availability?
- Once you’re ready to book, click “Book on Furnished Finder” to navigate to the Furnished Finder website. Here, you’ll be able to see even more details and grab that perfect place to relax when you're not working!
Since the average rate of rent differs based on location and housing market, Furnished Finder gives you a stipend calculator, so you have a better idea of the average cost of rent in the area you’ll be living. That way, you can decide if you should look for an apartment, condo, house, hotel room, or other housing lodge and streamline your search process.
Created for you, Fusion Marketplace listens to travelers and puts you first to ensure you’re happy and successful while on your travel nursing assignment. Healthcare travelers need honestly, visibility, and reliability, and that’s exactly what you’ll get when you use Fusion Marketplace.
Gain access to more than 20,000 travel healthcare jobs when you customize your personal traveler profile. When you find the ones that check your boxes, compare pay packages, benefits, and housing options to determine which travel nursing assignment aligns closest to your personal and professional priorities.